Discovery Channel’s Shark Week Schedule
Summer’s most-anticipated programming event, Discovery Channel’s Shark Week, returns for its historic 34th year on Sunday, July 24 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as its first Master of Ceremonies. Fans can expect 25 adrenaline-inducing original episodes that deliver never-seen footage of walking sharks, awe-inspiring breaches and more shocking predations captured on-camera by dedicated science and research field teams. Shark Week also features new and returning special guests including comedian Tracy Morgan, the stars of truTV’s “Impractical Jokers,” Sal Vulcano, James Murray, Brian Quinn, and the cast of “Jackass”.
This year, Warner Bros. Discovery’s linear and streaming portfolio – including TBS, TNT, truTV, Food Network, HGTV, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Animal Planet, Science Channel, ID, OWN, TCM, Discovery+, and HBO Max – will air Shark Week-inspired content or cross-promote the event.
“I’m honored to be your first-ever Shark Week Master of Ceremonies. Our Seven Bucks Productions has partnered with Discovery to bring you a very special (and bad ass) Shark Week. I filmed exclusively in my home state of Hawaii, these beautiful predators, Aumakua (Gods), are deeply revered and respected in our Polynesian culture,” said Dwayne Johnson via his official Instagram.
As the preeminent destination for shark programming, Discovery Channel’s Shark Week takes audiences to new locations this year – from the Exuma Islands in the Bahamas to Papua New Guinea. Working with dozens of the world’s most respected marine biologists and science institutions, the week’s program slate spotlights innovative shark technology to further research about these elusive creatures and their mating and migration patterns, while also sharing findings of a new, undescribed species. New to this year’s event, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will kick-off and close the first five nights with a special message that highlights what fans can expect to watch that evening and spark their interest to return the following night for more Shark Week fun. Each message will connect viewers to Johnson’s heritage and the importance of sharks for his culture and personal story.
During this year’s Shark Week, Discovery+ will stream fan favorite shark-originals and new exclusives including:
Saturday, July 23
- “Great White Intersection” (wt) exclusive premiere on Discovery+
Following the tragic and fatal shark attack of Arthur Medici in September 2018, Great White Intersection takes an in-depth look at the resurgence of great white sharks off the beaches of Cape Cod as the local community struggles to come to terms with a new reality.
Discovery Channel’s Shark Week slate is as follows:
Sunday, July 24
- “Return to Headstone Hell” premieres at 7:00pm ET/PT on Discovery
Dr. Riley Elliott returns to Norfolk Island with underwater cinematographer Kina Scollay to see what happens when the island’s tiger sharks go head-to-head with migrating great whites over an unusual food source: cow carcasses.
- “Great White Battleground” world premiere at 8:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Michelle Jewel believes the great white sharks of South Africa perform their signature aerial attacks for reasons beyond just hunting prey. Now, she’s headed to the great white battleground on a cutting-edge mission to decipher the secret language of white shark breaching.
- “Jackass Shark Week 2.0” world premiere at 9:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Johnny Knoxville, Chris Pontius, Wee Man, Jasper, Dark Shark, Zach Holmes and Poopies are back to finish what they started. After Knoxville sent the guys on a terrifying Shark Week mission last year, Knoxville is joining the boys as they head out to get their friend Poopies over his fear of sharks.
- “Great White Open Ocean” world premiere at 10:30pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
In 2020, shark diving expert Jimi Partington nearly dies in the jaws of a great white. A year later, he looks to overcome his PTSD and get back in the water with the ocean’s biggest mega-sharks. But what starts off as a positive experience, quickly becomes a battle for life and death.
Monday, July 25
- “Stranger Sharks” premieres at 7:00pm ET/PT on Discovery
Mark Rober and Noah Schnapp from Stranger Things are teaming up for the ultimate Shark Week adventure — exploring abandoned undersea ruins and manmade artificial reefs searching for the strangest sharks in the ocean.
- “Air Jaws: Top Guns” (wt) world premiere at 8:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
High-flying sharks are back, but with a new team competing to be the next “top guns” of Air Jaws. Dickie Chivell and Andy Casagrande use the latest high-tech cameras in hopes of capturing the largest breaching great white ever seen.
- “Great White Serial Kill: Fatal Christmas” world premiere at 9:00pm on Discovery and Discovery+
After a surfer dies off Morro Bay, California on Christmas Eve, shark attack investigators Ralph Collier and Brandon McMillan use forensic evidence and eyewitness accounts to ID the suspected killer: an 18-foot great white.
- “Rise of the Monster Hammerheads” world premiere at 10:00pm on Discovery and Discovery+
Reports of two legendary, very large great hammerheads – Big Moe in the Florida Keys and Sunken in Andros, Bahamas – have Dr. Tristan Guttridge and Andy Casagrande wondering if there is a clan of monster hammerheads who share the same DNA.
- “Mega Predators of Oz” premieres at 11:00pm on Discovery
In South Australia, a fisherman found a half-eaten mako and shark experts say only one species is responsible. Using underwater ultrasound imagery, tissue sampling and collecting DNA, they will prove that the great white is the ultimate mega predator.
Tuesday, July 26
- “Extinct or Alive Jaws of Alaska” premieres at 7:00pm ET/PT on Discovery
International wildlife biologist Forrest Galante travels the world in search of rare and elusive wildlife, including those lost to science, and mysterious cold-water sharks.
- “Impractical Jokers Shark Week Spectacular” (wt) world premiere at 8:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
The Impractical Jokers are the kings of hijinx and fearlessness in the face of public humiliation but see what happens when they set out to dispel the myth that sharks are man-eating beasts the only way they know how – with extreme, mortifying challenges and dares.
- “Jaws vs Kraken” world premiere at 9:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Something shocking is happening in the abyss around Guadalupe Island. Photos of great whites with strange scars believed to be from giant squids have surfaced. Dr. Tristan Guttridge leads a mission to get a glimpse into the battles between the two beasts.
- “Pigs vs Shark” (wt) world premiere at 10:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
The famous swimming pigs of the Bahamas may be in peril. Some believe that the local tiger shark population have acquired a taste for pork and may be feasting on these famous oink-sters.
- “Raging Bulls” world premiere at 11:00pm ET/PT on Discovery
Bull sharks are one of Australia’s “Big 3” deadly shark species. Recently, there’s been a shift in their behavior concerning the human population. Paul De Gelder joins Johan Gustafson to uncover why these sharks are becoming more aggressive hunters.
Wednesday, July 27
- “Island of Walking Sharks” world premiere at 8:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Animal Planet’s International wildlife conservationist and biologist Forrest Galante travels to the mysterious island of Papua New Guinea to definitively prove that sharks are evolving to walk on land.
- “Mechashark Love Down Under” (wt) world premiere at 9:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Shark expert Kina Scollay and his elite team return with a unique one-man-submersible, the Mechashark, to a top-secret location off New Zealand attempting to do something that’s never been done: locate a Great White shark mating ground.
- “Mission Shark Dome” (wt) world premiere at 10:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
A team of shark experts re-imagine ancient diving bell technology to create a research platform they call Shark Dome. Dr. Austin Gallagher and Andre Musgrove enter the Shark Dome to allow them to free dive at depth and get closer to great white sharks than ever before.
- “Great White Comeback” premieres at 11:00pm ET/PT on Discovery
In 2017, one of the strangest ocean mysteries occurred in South Africa when an entire great white shark population disappeared overnight. Alison Towner and her team head out on an epic investigation to find the missing great whites of Seal Island.
Thursday, July 28
- “Tracy Morgan Presents: Sharks! with Tracy Morgan” (wt) world premiere at 8:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Tracy Morgan teams up with shark experts throughout the country to identify the craziest and most ferocious sharks in the ocean. From rare species to stealth predators, Tracy shows off his favorite sharks and their incredible capabilities and adaptations.
- “Shark House” (wt) world premiere at 9:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
When never-before-seen footage surfaces of a pack of orcas killing a great white, Dickie Chivell springs into action, building an underwater habitat called “Shark House”. His mission is to live on the sea floor for seven days, looking for the last remaining great white sharks in South African waters.
- “Monster Mako Under the Rig” world premiere at 10:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
A team of researchers have discovered a mysterious group of mako sharks of the Gulf of Mexico who migrate around Florida and up to Rhode Island. They call these makos ‘mavericks’. Now, the teams are trying to discover what sets them apart from other makos.
- “Tiger Queen” premieres at 11:00pm ET/PT on Discovery
The shark population in Turks and Caicos has a sizable concentration of female tiger sharks, leaving scientists wondering where all the males are hiding. Shark enthusiast Kinga Philipps joins Dr. Austin Gallagher to help solve this puzzling mystery.
Friday, July 29
- “Jaws vs The Blob” world premiere at 8:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
A new ocean phenomenon known as The Blob sends juvenile great white sharks straight into a feeding frenzy for monster 20ft adults off the coast of Guadalupe Island. A team of shark experts dives deep to discover if the young sharks survive or become a snack.
- “Clash of Killers: Great White vs Mako” (wt) world premiere at 9:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Scientist Dr. Riley Elliott is tracking two of the ocean’s most legendary apex predators – great whites and makos – as they head on a collision course during their yearly migration off the coast of New Zealand.
- “Shark Women: Ghosted by Great Whites” (wt) world premiere at 10:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Alison Towner has risked her life many times, tagging and studying great white migration patterns in South Africa for the past decade. Now she’s assembling the next generation of shark explorers for a spectacular adventure. Together, her all-female crew will pull all the stops – cage dive, free dive, drones, decoys, breeches and more – to track her missing white sharks.
- “The Great Hammerhead Stakeout” premieres at 11:00pm ET/PT on Discovery
Dr. Tristan Guttridge and James Glancy travel to Andros Island to investigate reports of an exclusive population of giant hammerheads. To get answers, they attempt one of the longest shark dives ever upwards of 10 hours using an underwater habitat.
Saturday, July 30
- “Monsters of the Cape” world premiere at 8:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Shark Week Veterans, Dr. Craig O’Connell and Mark Rackley, dive into the great white infested waters off of Cape Cod looking to test cutting-edge shark deterrents to help keep the waters of the Cape safe for both beach-goers and sharks, before it’s too late.
- “Sharks in Paradise” (wt) world premiere at 9:00pm ET/PT on Discovery and Discovery+
Shark conservationist Kinga Philipps and scientist Tristan Guttridge embark on an expedition through the remote Islands of Tahiti to investigate whether local legends and mysteries about massive sharks are true.
- Rounding out Discovery Channel’s Shark Week offering will be custom promos, thematic programming, movie events and encores that will air across TBS, TNT, truTV, Food Network, HGTV, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, ID, OWN, TCM, Animal Planet, Science Channel, CNN and HBO Max beginning July 15 through August 5.