SEASON 20 PREDICTIONS
Tomorrow night is one of my favorite days of the year: the premiere of the new Dancing With The Stars season. The show is to me is what football is to my guy friends so chances are I am going to be talking about this to them quite a bit.
This is the twentieth season and the ten year anniversary of the show. We have a VERY interesting cast and one I think is going to be filled with surprises. Before we recap tomorrow night’s premiere, I am going to put in my predictions. I will do this each week based on how everyone performs throughout the season. These predictions are based on what I know about each celebrity and initial opinions.
12. Chris Soules. The Bachelor star announced this week that he was the 12th cast member to join the cast. He was a fan favorite on The Bachelorette and then won people’s hearts as Prince Farming during his journey to find love. (He ended up with fertility nurse Whitney) While he has the advantage of being paired with reigning champion Witney Carson, my only fear is that his fan base might do him in earlier than he deserves. He is up against iconic celebrities and it makes me wonder if he will get lost in the shuffle.
11. Charlotte McKinney: The model and Carl’s Jr. commercial star is gorgeous, blonde and perky. She is with Keo Motsepe, who made his debut last season. While I hope she has the potential to do well, I worry that since she is so unknown that she will fall under the same supermodel curse as Josie Moran and Paulina Portzikova.
10. Riker Lynch: He is this season’s Disney star and cousin of the Houghs. While that might get him some fans, depending on how he dances, he still might fall under the curse of being fairly unknown. Most of his fans are kids, so it is unlikely that they will vote.
9. Robert Herjavec: The Shark Tank star is paired with returning fan favorite Kym Johnson. He is known as the nice guy on Shark Tank and seems to be really into being on DWTS, but again, my fear is that he will not have the fan base to keep him in the running.
8. Noah Galloway: The American hero and personal trainer will win America’s heart due to his tragic story and incredible positive attitude. The former Army veteran may not be known to most of America, but I think his perseverance and determination will keep him on for a few weeks, especially since he is paired with Sharna Burgess.
7. Patti LaBelle: The iconic singer is known for her big voice and even bigger personality. I think she will do well and represent her generation. My guess is that she will be the Gladys Knight of the competition, making it far enough to inspire America and remind us that nothing, not even age can stop you from trying something new.
6. Suzanne Somers: The Three’s Company and Step By Step star has two generations of fans, as well as people who follow her health and wellness routine. While she hasn’t been in the public eye, acting wise for awhile, she is still well known, thanks to her books and countless Three’s Company reruns. She also has boundless energy, so it will be no surprise if she makes it at least midway through the competition.
5. Michael Sam: He is the first openly gay NFL player and pretty well known by football fans. Based on how well football players have done in the past, it will be no surprise to see him go far in the competition. However, since he isn’t currently assigned to a team, (He is a free agent) it is questionable as to whether fans will band together as they have in the past for other NFL players .
4. Redfoo: The former guest judge and singer has the advantage of not only being known in the music world, but also on the show. He has boundless energy, commands the presence in any room he is in and is paired with Emma Slater, who has been known to bring the very best out of her partners.
3. Willow Shields: She is the youngest competitor ever at the age of 14 and has two time champion Mark Ballas as her partner. She has the Hunger Games fan base and youthful energy that will help her go far.
2. Rumer Willis: She is paired with Val Chmerkovskiy, which almost guarantees she will go far, based on what he has done in the past few seasons he has been in. The two already prove they have the chemistry and she seems to be taking this competition seriously. Plus, she is the daughter of a Brat Packer and an action star hero, which will have people not only rooting for her, but looking for a glimpse of them in the audience.
1. Nastia Liukin: She is an Olympic gymnast paired with our most decorated pro Derek Hough. They have the Barbie and Ken look and the drive and determination to do well. She is disciplined in her craft, which I am sure she will bring to the dance floor. My guess is she is the Shawn Johnson of this season.
What are your predictions for this season? Sound off in the comments.
Follow me on social media: